Invitation for Bids
West Bank & Gaza
Additional Financing for Gaza Water Supply and Sewage Systems Improvement Project
TF018248 and TF018268
Rehabilitation of Wastewater Networks at Beit Hanoun
NCB W 21-11/2016-WSSSIP-AF1
1. The Palestine Liberation Organization has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Gaza Water Supply and Sewage
Systems Improvement and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of Wastewater
Networks at Beit Hanoun.
2. The Palestinian Water Authority now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Rehabilitation of Wastewater Networks at Beit Hanoun
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement
of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January
2011, revised July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In
addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from PWA/ PMU Gaza, Eng. Monther Shoblaq, and E-mail: d.meddain@pwawsssip.
ps, and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below, from 08:00 to 15:30 hours – from Sunday to Thursday.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to
the address below from 08:00 to 15:30 hours – from Sunday to Thursday and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of One Hundred US$
($100) or equivalent amount of freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be Bank Deposit to the PWA other income Account
No. 289292, Palestinian Water Authority, Bank of Palestine. The Bidding Documents will be sent by airmail for overseas delivery
and by courier or through the supplier’s representative for local delivery.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 13:00 local time, 23, November 2016. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address
below at 13:00 local time, 23, November 2016.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 5,000.00 or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. The validity of
the bid security is 118 days counted from the date of bid opening.
8. The address referred to above is:
Palestinian Water Authority, Project Management Unit
Palestine University St. – Al Zahraa, Second Floor.
Procurement Department, Gaza City, State of Palestine
Tel.: +972 (970) 8-2632060 , Fax.: +972 (970) 8-2632020
Invitation for Bids