التفاصيلAnnouncement for Prequalification – EPC Contractors
As a responsible leader in the construction materials sector in Palestine, Sanad South Cement Grinding
and Filling was established to develop, drive and direct the construction materials sector in Palestine
based on sustainable growth and improved delivery. At the center of its strategy is the establishment
of a national cement plant.
Sanad South decided to install a green field clinker grinding and filling plant in Bethlehem, Palestine
on an EPC Turn-key contracting basis.
The grinding plant is to produce three different types of cement using clinker, gypsum, pozzolana,
limestone and fly ash by VRM “Vertical Roller Mill” of a production capacity of 1.3 million tons per
year where 30% of the product shall be packed and palletized and the remaining of the product shall
be sold as bulk.
The power required for the operation of the plant shall be supplied by the owner via the national grid
up to the MDS “Main Distribution Station” while the power and water supply for the construction and
erection works, the temporary and permanent access road, the earth levelling and all auxiliaries and
services required for the construction and erection of the plant shall be in the scope of supply of the
Permits to construct and operate the plant shall be provided by the owner and permits/visas required
for the contractor labour shall be requested by the contractor with full support of the owner.
Only contractors who fulfil the following conditions are invited to show their interest in participating
in the prequalification process.
- The contractor must be registered in the country of his official address;
- The contractor has already built and commissioned at least five VRM for clinker grinding of
similar capacity during the last five years;
- The contractor shall submit a reference list of VRM “Vertical Roller Mill” for Clinker
Grinding (either a Clinker Grinding Plant or part of a complete Cement Plant)
- The contractor shall show the number and types of VRM constructed in the reference list or
in different documents.
- The contractor shall submit financial reports in the last three years (income statement, balance
sheets, project financial example, … etc.) A summary is accepted.
- Nationalities of the key staff and workers, different nationality consortium with different
nationality subcontractor is accepted.
- Broad Engineering Design is not required, but if submitted would be an advantage for the contractor.
- Previous project completion timeframe is a plus. The contractor can include it within
- Other related documents, brochures would also be an advantage for the contractor.
Only contractors who meet the aforementioned conditions will be selected for quotation process.
The short-listed qualified contractor shall receive the tender documents including all data and information
required for the preparation of their bids, one week after the short-listed contractors are announced.
Contractors whom do not meet the required criteria, will receive an apology letter two weeks after the
short-listed contractors are announced.
Interested companies are required to send an email containing all required documents signed and
stamped for this prequalification to: email@example.com until November 14, 2016.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Procurement Unit at: +972 (2) 242 9050