Position title: Project Associate (PA)
Project Name: Digitization Services
Department: Business Operation Department
Employment Duration: :One Month
Expected start Date: :September 2017
Employment Type: Full time (Working hour7:45 AM – 4:00 PM)
“GGateway for Outsourcing Information Technology” is a social enterprise founded in Gaza in January 2016 after 2 years of piloting work in UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency). GGateway works as a non-profit entity and in accordance with its mission reinvests any surplus in accordance with its mission, vision, principles, and values in order to realize its objectives. GGateway offers customized and competitive ICT business outsourcing services to clients worldwide. At the same time, GGateway enables young ICT graduates from universities in Gaza to access professional opportunities in a learning environment, and enhances the ICT sector in Gaza by providing qualified labor and business opportunities. GGateway services such as but not limited to Data Management, Process Improvement, Training Material Development, Software Testing and Application Development. GGateway also runs a vibrant and innovative freelancing platform (GHub), a co-working space equipped with the IT infrastructure fostering collaboration and knowledge transfer to create professional ICT communities. GGateway is supported by UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency)
GGateway implements digitization services for different stakeholders and they are in need to employ project associates for short term (one month) that is extendable based on the performance output. The scope of the project varies between data entry, proofing, HTML tagging, and data validation mainly in Arabic Language.
– Complete time bound tasks as outlined. Project assignment documents are considered to be a part of this position description, and will be the basis of technical performance evaluation.
– Fully document work, adhere to outlined standards, and share information fully with colleagues and supervisors as required.
– Making sure that the text of any product that involves writing is free of any errors, whilst ensuring that texts are engaging and accessible to the readers.
– Superior proofreading skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
– Carry out data proofing, entry, analysis, and validation.
– Review data and use data analysis professional tools.
– Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
– Very good English Language understanding especially the technical language.
– Regularly attend and contribute to team meetings, training, evaluations and project management meetings.
– Maintain complete and accurate records of attendance and work completed. Monthly records must be submitted to the Business Operation Manager on time, for payment.
– Undertake additional duties as requested by the Team Leader or Business Operation Manager.
Reporting and Supervision:
– The Project Associate’s (PA) reports to the Project team leader.
– All HR matters are the responsibility of the GGateway HR department. All learning and Capacity Building matters are the responsibility of the GGateway Capacity Building department in coordination with the business operation department.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
– Diploma Degree (2 years-degree) in Offices automation, Secretaries or Software and Database management. University degree (4-year degree) in the following ICT specializations: Computer science, ManagementBusiness Information System.
– Applicants must have graduated in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016
– Proven experience of understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 (for the ICT specializations).
– Experienced in Using MS office, especially Access and Excel.
– Have good English language in use.
– English and Arabic typing, accurate at a speed of 30 words per minute.
– Applicants must not be currently employed in fulltime, paid work.
All staff of the Enterprise is expected to work with a high level of professional standards and commitment, modeling the teamwork, open-mindedness and commitment in favor of its
beneficiaries and to demonstrate dedication to the education and success of Gaza’s ICT graduates. To succeed, the PA must have the following competencies:
– Strong ability to learn and develop their technical knowledge and practices during their employment period.
– High and consistent attention and accuracy to routine services’ delivery.
– Strong detail oriented, and disciplined.
– Interested in enhancing their interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
– Very good management of time and priorities, able to deliver on deadlines.
– Ability to work both independently and as a team member required.
– Creative and flexible when approaching work challenges.
Applications should be addressed to email: email@example.com no later Thursday than_Septmeber 21th, 2017.
Application submission requirements IMPORTANT)
To be considered, each application must include: (incomplete submissions will not be considered)
– Email Subject: “Digitization Project- Project Associate”,
– A one-page cover letter, summarizing the candidate’s experience in English (Name your cover letter as: ( CoverLetter_YOUR FULL NAME)
– A CV, including any related degrees, certifications and experience (Name your CV as: DS-PA _ CV_YOUR FULL NAME)
– Three professional references.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be reached out for position interview.