Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent NGO founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
SYFS with financial assistance of Save the Children, starts a project “Strengthening Resilience, Agricultural Recovery and Green Technology in Gaza” aiming to Contribute to poverty reduction and strengthen community resilience of vulnerable, conflict affected populations in Gaza. SYFS seeks to recruit for the following position:
Title: Project Coordinator
Place: Save Youth Future Society, Gaza office
Period: 12 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
– Responsible for the overall implementation of the project.
– Administrative and technical supervision and follow up of the activities’ implementation.
– Supervision of project team involved in the activities that fall within his/her responsibility.
– Ensure that all program activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to the donor’s rules and regulations.
– Plan and supervise regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
– Assist in monitoring and evaluation, including preparation of periodical reports as requested by the donor and SYFS.
– Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient filing system including all project-related documents.
– Contribute with recommendations for the future programs.
– Perform any other tasks as requested by the Executive Manager.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
– Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or other related field.
– At least five years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working within NGO context.
– Proven experience in working with children with special needs.
– Proven experience in working with schools in the Gaza Strip.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
– Excellent formal and report-writing skills in both English and Arabic.
– Proven ability to handle multiple assignments and meet the required deadlines.
– Advanced computer literacy.
– Proven ability to work under pressure and within a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit:
– letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
– the most recent CV including three professional contacts as references email@example.com
– the application questionnaire accessible under the link:
Only complete applications (CV, letter, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Project Coordinator
Deadline for submitting applications: 24/08/2017, no later than 03:00 p.m.
Save Youth Future Society is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified women applicants.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. All attempts to contact any of SYFS staff regarding individual applications will result in disqualifying the applicant from the recruitment process.
Save Youth Future Society recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our activities. Candidates will be expected to comply with Save Youth Future Society’s child protection policy.